We are capable of evaluating our client’s custom fittings to assess whether they conform to ASME B31.3 or ASME B31.1 requirements. For ASME B31.3 Section 304.7.2 Unlisted Components and for ASME B31.1 104.7.2 Specially Designed Components we can provide the following services:
- Compile and assess whether the custom fitting has had extensive, successful service experience under comparable conditions with similarly proportioned components of the same or similar material.
- Develop a testing plan to perform an experimental stress analysis as described in ASME Section VIII Division 2, Annex 5-F.
- Develop a testing plan, and report for a proof test. Determine whether ASME B16.9, MSS SP-97 or ASME Section VIII Division 1 UG-101 (or ASME Section I A-22) testing method is best suited for the fitting.
- Perform a detailed stress analysis (i.e. Finite element method, linear elastic) evaluated as outlined in ASME Section VIII Division 2 Part 5 or ABSA 520.
- We can help in determining the best path forward for your custom fittings and also try to minimize the number of required tests that will be required.
- We work with third party destructive and non-destructive testing facilities that can perform the testing work if required.
- In addition to custom fittings for process or power piping we can evaluate, design, and detail custom fabrications. Provide us with your idea and we will take it from there!